Many times we do find ourselves dangling at the edge of a cliff; friendships on a downward spiral, unsuccessful relationships, debts at an all time high, financial droughts year after year, opportunity after opportunity passing us by, fruitless efforts… the list goes on & on. The point where our dignity is at stake & life seems only unfair to us as the undeserving spoilt brats get to live a smooth life & get what they want, when they want…
These are the moments of despair… moments that make time to slow down as the pangs of pain seem to be elevated & exaggerated beyond our prior experiences. And with each passing day, one tends to wonder whether he/she was born to suffer; & whether destiny had a grudge with them before conception. Do problems discriminate? Do they have an invisible source lurking somewhere? That’s a question for another day…
But for now, lets focus on your one on one encounter with problems. What do you need to withstand them?
*A STRONG MINDSET
Left, right & center, they’ll keep on coming. In fact, the more you progress in life, the more the challenges arise & sometimes they do come in humongous, complicated packages. It’s said that if you can’t take the heat, then you should get out of the kitchen; because it’s in the kitchen that the pressure keeps on getting higher & higher with every meal you cook. And the more experience you gain, the higher you go in terms of cooking more complex foods. However, it’s not always smooth sailing since you’ll mess up here & there as the heat & pressure keeps piling up & despair sets in. In fact, the mistakes you make may grow with every elevation you make! Such situations require a formidable mindset fortress that can offer the needed attitude back-up in case worst comes to worst! It definitely doesn’t come easy & it will require discipline to sieve out negative meditations that make you lag behind!
*A STRONG WILL
You’ve got to be willing to go through your challenges & realize that pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. Learn to convert moments of despair into moments of ‘a step closer to victory’ by meditating on thoughts that propel you to keep pushing on! Don’t back out because sometimes it’s not about whether you can push the rock… it’s the will that counts. Just like in the gym when you find yourself lifting a weight that seemed impossible to lift, yet your will pushed you to do the seemingly impossible!
*A STRONG HEART
There are moments of despair that are so hurtful, it feels like a dagger has been pierced through the heart especially when you dedicate you heart, soul & mind to accomplish a certain task. One is then left wondering as to whether it’s worth the risk to go higher. It’s said that once bitten, twice shy. But have you ever thought of not letting the hurt get to your heart? You’ve got to learn to guard your heart from unkind & ruthless surprises that may dampen your spirit & tempt you to throw in the towel… only to realize later on that you were ‘this close’ to finishing your sentence in the problems prison.
It’s these three tenets of strength in moments of despair that will give you hope, because your mind is like;
“When I get there, I’ll forget that I was in despair in the first place!’
- Dialogue Between Despair And Hope (cordraycounseling.wordpress.com)
- Screenshots of Despair (neatorama.com)
- Grocers of Despair (accordingtohoyt.com)
- Screenshots Of Despair (igzebedze.com)
- Do Not Let Me Resort to Fear (hiwaychristian.wordpress.com)
- Unfaithful Heart (hattiemattiemaespiritweaver.wordpress.com)
- Turning Bitterness into Joy (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Where is Your Hope? (edlunnon.wordpress.com)
- Disappointments | Re-evaluate & Re-create (aquaterra.tv)
- Lights will guide you home (kamni30.wordpress.com)
- Screenshots of Despair: The Lonely Side of Social Networking (gawker.com)
- Obama Democrats and their Merchants of Despair (erickbrockway.com)
- Feelings of Despair (chasingparadisegalz.wordpress.com)
- MUST SEE! Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Merchants of Despair (nebraskaenergyobserver.wordpress.com)
- Screenshots of Despair (eoghann.com)
- Drunk & Mumbling to Myself (insearchofthesilverlining.wordpress.com)
- Desperation, Dislocation, Despair, and Discourse on the Academic Job Hunt (2012) (foucaultnews.wordpress.com)
- Despair (telescoper.wordpress.com)
- Shandong workers driven to despair! (rightways.wordpress.com)